Wednesday, March 11, 2009


This post is incredibly after-the-fact, however, I feel I still need to post something! I was in Peru - the land of my birth - from 12/15/08 - 1/10/09 for the first time in 12 years. I was able to fit in so much, yet still had so much left to do... No stress though - only more reason to go back as soon as possible. Peru is a magical country, and it was amazing to get to connect with my true peeps, and with family I hadn't seen in far too long. Cusco, the Sacred Valley, and Machu Picchu were magical - beyond words. I have never felt so human, so alive, and so connected to everything...

I created a separate travelblog to share my experience and pictures from my nearly month long trip to Peru with family, friends and any one else who may be interested for any reason somewhere down the road. I decided to use Travelpod since their blogging tools are specific to traveling and I liked the format. The process of putting the blog together was great - as a diary and to help me try to process all that I experienced; which has been life changing on so many levels.

I put it together once I returned, because to be honest, there was no way I was going to rob myself of one minute of being there, being fully present and soaking in the country and my family and friends by stressing over keeping up with a Blog. So, I posted it up retroactively and that is ok. ;-) Hope you all enjoy... xo

http://www.travelpod.com/members/peru_gringa

I also posted up just the pics on Picasa:

Cusco Pics:
http://picasaweb.google.com/claudiamiro/CuscoSacredValleyMachuPicchu

Lima Pics:
http://picasaweb.google.com/claudiamiro/LimaHolidays08

No comments: