Wednesday, September 3, 2008

I LOVE NEW YORK!!

I finally made it to New York City!! It was everything I dreamed of and more...can't even put into words. It's New York baby!! I knew I would love it, but I think part of me was a little afraid - I am a Cali girl after all! :-)

But once I arrived there, I felt strangely right at home. I felt like I just fit right in - and felt totally...empowered. I spent a lot of the trip sightseeing on my own, and didn't feel afraid whatsoever. I was especially impressed by my subway maneuvering skills...no sweat. Actually, I lie...lots of sweat - it's frickin hot down there!

I think what I loved more than anything was that there are so many different kinds of people - from every walk of life, all sharing the same space. Not even San Francisco is as diverse...there are silos here that don't exist in NYC. People and life in New York are so real...so raw. It's awesome and so refreshing. The history and culture there were incredible. It felt like Deja Vu everytime I turned around - so many sights captured in scenes from movies - I felt like I had been there before!

5 days flew by - definitely not enough time, but still fabulous and more than I could have dreamed. I did very little "touristy" things, but prefer it that way. I was able to see all of the people I wanted to see - and I got to see a lot of different parts of the city - not just Manhattan. Here are some of my highlights:

1. Blockheads $3 Frozen Margaritas w/my man Daron in Hell's Kitchen
2. Movin' on up to the Upper East Side and reminiscing on old times w/ Krissi
3. Times Square and Grand Central Station
4. Pancas Peruvian Restaurant w/ Mr. Cugo in Greenwhich Village
5. Expertly navigating the Subway - and the incredible people watching to be had there ;-)
6. A night out in Fort Greene w/ D and Laurie
7. World Trade Center Site...unforgettable.
8. Stroll from the Financial District through SOHO, West Village, Greenwhich Village
9. Maracas Margaritas and catch up time w/ my girl Sonal
10. CENTRAL PARK Bike Carriage Tour
11. Dinner Party with D and her cool ass peeps in Fort Greene, Brooklyn
12. A bike ride tour of Brooklyn and Prospect Park
13. A glimpse at the Beautiful side of Queens with my man Christopher - and a bomb margarita! 14. Barely making my plane and getting a seat in FIRST CLASS. WHAT!!! ;-)

Like I said - not everything I wanted to do, but more than enough to make me fall in love... I have decided that I must live there at least once in my life - putting it out in the universe and very sincere about making it happen! Click Here to see my Pics!

No comments: